Drug and alcohol treatment should always focus on providing the best level and type of help for your specific needs. For many people, a gender-specific treatment program is the best choice. That means you will live and work with other people of your gender. Addiction treatment drug rehabs offering this type of help recognize the benefits it can offer. Take into consideration the benefits of a men’s rehab program. You may find this is the ideal way for you to get the support you need.
What Is a Men’s Rehab Program?
In a men’s rehab program, you’ll be living in an area with only other men. Many of the group therapy sessions and other experiences are done with just other men. This type of separation offers the ability to keep a person focused on their healing and recovery rather than other people. In some situations, this type of treatment can lead to long-term recovery more effectively.
What Are the Benefits of a Men’s Rehab?
There are a few core reasons to choose this type of rehab over other forms. Some of the benefits include:
- Receive specialized treatment based on the emotional, psychological, and relational issues that men specifically face.
- Feel more at ease and comfortable in treatment. This often comes from a better sense of bonding with people in treatment with you. Some people trust other men more, for example.
- Reduce the risk of sexual tension as well as distractions that can occur when programs mix male and female patients at the same time.
- Engage in therapies that support your healing. This includes encouraging open communication without the risk of pressure from the other gender. Gender-sensitive therapy groups like this can help to minimize the fear of saying the wrong thing.
- Eliminate the stigma of getting help for addiction and mental health disorders. Everyone with you is doing the same thing.
In a men’s-only only program, you can be yourself, open up, and share without feeling as though you are being criticized. That’s important because the way addiction occurs and impacts men is different from what happens to women. You want to be in a treatment center that’s providing therapy specifically beneficial to your unique needs.
What to Expect in a Men’s Rehab Program
Engaging in a substance abuse treatment program means putting in a lot of hard work. Most often, this means:
- Engaging in individual therapy sessions with a counselor and therapist
- Working on mental health disorders that may be present such as depression and anxiety
- Addressing any past trauma and pain that’s lead to complications in addiction recovery
- Learning to recognize triggers that put you at risk for relapse and strategies to manage them
- Building confidence through group therapy to gain confidence, skills for daily life and build relationships
- Working in family therapy as needed to improve relationships and overcome turmoil brought on by the addiction
There’s no doubt that addiction is a difficult process, but you may be a bit more comfortable and find more support for your long-term healing and recovery goals in a men’s specific rehab. The key is to seek out a location offering these types of services.
If you are battling drug or alcohol addiction, call a treatment center immediately for a consultation. Learn more about their programs, including whether they offer detox services. Then, get in for an assessment. You’ll learn more about your addiction, health, and mental health during this assessment. An individualized treatment plan is then created for you, allowing you to start the recovery process.
Treatment in a men’s rehab program can be comfortable but also empowering. This may be just what you need to start a new chapter in your life. The right treatment center is available to you. Call them to learn more.